VBActiveX Properties Run-time not working

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Hi, I can change the Properties in the VBActiveX at Design time, but not at Run-time!

Something like "Me.VBActiveX0.xxxxx" they are not avaiable, why? and how can they be?

Thanks

joao

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Hello joao

Could you please provide a step list for me to reproduce the problem? What is your host application?

Thanks

Jialiang Ge

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hi Jialiang!

I am trying to make some extended controls to use in a Microsoft Access Application. I intend to develop these controls in .NET to COM.

Goal:

1.     Expose my Properties and Methods at Design and Runtime ('AutoDual') in order to Intellisense in the Host Application.

2.     This UserControl can use some .NET Controls, eg. A UserControl with a TextBox, I want to expose some TextBox Properties

I started a thread in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vbinterop/thread/7cf3d83e-b4ae-4b78-8f66-8707907b8b22, and I was able to connect as 'AutoDual', but this caused some problems like:

In Access i get the ERROR

"A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control. Close the OLE Server and restart it outside of Microsoft Office Access"

This problem only happen when is in AutoDual

REPRO

1 - Open the CSActiveX Project and change to [ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.AutoDual)]

2 - Add to Microsoft Access and navigate thrue control properties at Design

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Thank you. I can reproduce this problem. The type info of the activex control is wrong according to my observation in Object Browser. Riquel Dong (in the above msdn thread) and I are investigating it. We will update you as soon as possible.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Hi!

Ok, thank you

Joao

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Hello Joao

My colleague, Riquel Dong, has updated you about his finding in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vbinterop/thread/7cf3d83e-b4ae-4b78-8f66-8707907b8b22. Please check it out.

Thanks

Jialiang Ge